Recipe by Chef BeLive – featured in Issue #7 Winter 2012 of Super Raw Life Magazine Photo by Michele Marie Hartranft
4 coconuts, scraped into strips (put in a bowl)
Marinade (put into separate bowl):
1 1/2 cups water (structured, spring, or filtered)
3 1/2 tablespoons agave, coconut, or maple syrup
1 3/4 teaspoons salt (himalayan, celtic, or sea)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon tumeric
1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Marinate coconut meat for 8 hours.
- Place on teflex-lined tray in dehydrator.
- Sprinkle black pepper and salt on top and dehydrate at 105 degrees for 2 hours.
- Take coconut jerky off teflex and place on mesh tray, again sprinkle with a little salt and black pepper.
- Let dry for another 6 hours or until desired consistency.
- Eat by itself, use as an additive to a wrap or a mock sandwich meat.
If you enjoyed this recipe, we’d love for you to check out the Super Raw Life Magazine Archive Collection which includes the first 9 issues of Super Raw Life Magazine which are packed full of delicious healthy recipes! Thank you!