If you think this recipe looks good we’d love for you to check out the Super Raw Life Magazine Archive Collection which includes the first 9 issues of Super Raw Life Magazine which are packed full of delicious healthy recipes! Enjoy!
“Be pleasant until ten o’clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself.” – Elbert Hubbard.
When I wake up smiling and full of energy my whole day tends to go better. There is something about my mindset and how it can shape the outcome of my day. I love the above saying. If we can all remember to be pleasant until ten, that feeling really has the ability to carry on throughout the day. What better way to start the day then with a quick and easy delicious meal that will leave your whole family satisfied and nourished!
I created this recipe for my son for breakfast. He loves mangoes and apples.
By coupling his two favorite fruit together he enjoyed every bite, scooping up this ‘spaghetti’ with his chop sticks!
Quick and Easy Apple Mango Spaghetti for breakfast
By Michele Hartranft
½ mango, cubed
1 tablespoon coconut nectar
dash of sea salt Noodles
1-2 crisp apples
½ mango, cubed
1 tablespoon chia seeds*optional for added nutrients.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in food processor or blender and blend until smooth, set aside.
- Spiralize or peel apples into strips, place into bowl.
- Pour sauce over noodles and mix thoroughly by hand.
- Stir in diced mango, enjoy fresh!
Over the past three years of enjoying the raw food lifestyle, whenever making noodles I always used a peeler. And you know what, it worked great! To me, spending $40 to be able to spiralize seemed like a waste of money. Well, my tune has changed. For Mother’s Day my family bought me a spiralizer. It saves so much time and you can whip out noodles in a matter of moments! The texture is that of regular spaghetti noodles, just thinking about it make my taste buds start to buzz. I’ve spiralized zucchinis, apples, king oyster mushrooms, and the top of a bell pepper. I have to say this is now one of my most beloved kitchen items! (Google it; Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable, deserve it!) Tips for Cubing a Mango
- Slice the mango in half, cutting around the large pit.
- Using a small knife score the flesh of each half without cutting all the way through the skin.
- Flip it inside out so the diced cubes stand out and cut the cubes off from the skin or serve as a snack attached(as pictured below).